Top Questions To Ask a Potential Builder
1. Why should I hire you?
2. What is your fee structure?
3. How do your fees compare to other builders’ fees?
4. What are your weaknesses?
5. What makes you different from other builders in this market?
6. What type of warranty do you provide and what is your philosophy
7. What was your worst building experience with a homeowner and
what did you learned from it.
8. How long have you been building?
9. What is your education?
10. How many custom homes have you built?
11. How many homes will you have under construction at the time
my home will be built?
12. How many homes do you build per year?
13. How do you handle changes?
14. How many Change Orders would you consider average in building
15. Do you supervise the building yourself, or do you have a site
16. Can I meet the person who will be running my job?
17. How often do you come to the job?
18. What work do you do with your own crews, and what work do
you subcontract out?
19. Do you have contracts with your subcontractors? Can I see a
20. Can you provide us with a bank reference?
21. Can you provide us with a copy of your insurance certificate?